Saturday, November 8, 2008


I have watched my own personal evolution unravel by the poetry I have written and my life can be marked by each poem and the topics they reveal. I have a great love for the written word and take comfort in being able to navigate my own life through the experience and creative aptitude of someone else...
~....Beyond the Horizon~

I sit among common freaks
in a beautiful configuration
of color,
This collage of faces
each alike in their indifference.

Talk as wind, in arpeggio
hums, they sing opinions
of self analysis and
fruitless philosophies.

Isolate in narrated thought,
I take the words of
passers by and conduct their
patterns, to form a delicate
choreographed euphony.
Fingering voices from the air,
I contour expression
to fit my perfect puzzle.

Parallel compassion with
cynicism and rapture with
domination, in a license of
refusal to settle for silence.

My sandalwood closure
takes me to the straightfaced cry
of a language, forgotten.

I stare against the woodgrain
patterns at my feet~
An artist of my own species
merely heard by a revered ear.


By Rai Season
Aug 2004
Copyright © 2007 Rai Season All Rights Reserved